Saturday, August 25, 2012

Skinny Carrot and Avocado Salad


Today was the first day of my vegan experiment, and I have to say, it was entirely enjoyable.  I had a green monster smoothie (I'll post that recipe later in the week), an iced coffee with coconut milk, veggies and hummus, and a lovely carrot and avocado salad.  I feel satisfied, and stayed well within my points for the day.  The carrot salad was fantastic.  It is possibly the easiest dish I have ever made, and absolutely delicious.  You must make this as soon as possible.  Do it.

Skinny Carrot and Avocado Salad
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
WW PointsPlus Value: 4

6 large carrots, washed and scrubbed
1 avocado, sliced
1 Tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
2 Tablespoons olive oil
salt, pepper, and cumin to taste

Directions

  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Cut carrots into chunks, then toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and cumin.  Bake on a baking sheet for 30 minutes, or until nice and dark.  
  • Place on a plate and top with avocado slices and drizzle a bit of lemon juice on top.
  • That's it!  It's almost too easy.  This would make a great first course for a dinner party. Since it requires so little prep time, you could spend more time and effort on the main dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment