Monday, January 16, 2012

Skinny Sour Cream Pancakes


I'm not the biggest fan of sweet breakfast dishes. I don't really consider doughnuts or danishes to be a legitimate breakfast. I want omelettes filled with meat, cheese, and vegetables...and home fries...and hey, can I get an extra side of meat with that? But about once a month, I wake up and just feel the need for pancakes. These pancakes are perfect for me because they're filling, and not too sweet while still being just as fluffy and delicious as a pancake should be.

Skinny Sour Cream Pancakes
Serving Size: 3 Pancakes
WW PointsPlus Value: 5

3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup white flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
2 Tablespoons sour cream
1 Tablespoon nonfat Greek yogurt

Directions:
  • Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
  • Whisk milk and egg together in small bowl, then add to dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
  • Add sour cream and Greek yogurt and gently stir in.
  • Pour 1/4 cup batter onto a skillet (coated with butter flavored cooking spray) over medium heat. Cook a few minutes until bubbly, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until done.
  • Serve drizzled with maple syrup and a side of colorful fruit.

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely investing in Greek yogurt.

    ReplyDelete