Friday, January 13, 2012

Skinny Sriracha Aioli



I love Thai food. I love all the unique flavors that combine together in Thai cuisine. I try and keep staples of Thai cooking in my fridge and pantry at all times: Fish sauce, soy sauce, rice noodles, limes, curry pastes, and of course, Sriracha hot sauce. For those of you who don't know, Sriracha has become super trendy in the past few years, showing up everywhere from articles in the New York Times to tattoos on hipsters. It's a spicy, tangy chili sauce which tastes good on pretty much anything, which is why foodies have been touting it as "the new ketchup." It even has its own cookbook.



This is a great recipe which exploits the versatility of Sriracha, and uses one of my favorite "skinny" tricks: Any time a recipe calls for mayo, I use a mixture of nonfat Greek yogurt and full fat mayo. I usually use a ratio of about 3:1. Nonfat Greek yogurt is a great tool to use when you're watching your weight. It's thick, creamy, and works in both sweet and savory dishes. Plus it's packed with protein. The reason I use full fat mayo is because I'm using so little, and the yogurt takes on that flavor, so it tastes like you're eating something much more indulgent than you actually are.

I tried this on a hot dog, but it would really taste great on anything!

Skinny Sriracha Aioli
Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
WW PointsPlus Value: 0

2 Tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon (or more to taste) Sriracha hot sauce

Directions:
  • Mix all ingredients well, and chill until ready to use
  • Spread/pour/drizzle onto your food of choice
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment