Monday, February 13, 2012

Skinny Valentine's Day Breakfast: Chocolate Crepes with Nutella and Banana


I thought I'd post one last Valentine-related recipe before tomorrow, and since I already covered dinner and dessert (and more dessert), I thought I'd do a sweet little breakfast. I had leftover Nutella from the cookies I made, and I thought chocolate crepes would make a great Valentine's Day breakfast. I love fruit and Nutella filled crepes, and these would be great with strawberries, bananas, or even both!

Skinny Chocolate Crepes with Nutella and Banana
Serving Size: 2 crepes
WW PointsPlus Value: 4

1 cup skim milk
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 egg
1 egg white
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Nutella (about 1 teaspoon per crepe)
banana slices (or strawberries)

Directions:
  • Whisk together milk, flour, egg, egg white, cocoa, water and vanilla extract. Lightly mist a frying pan with butter flavored cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
  • Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and tilt in a circular motion until there's just a thin layer of batter. Cook for a minute or so per side, until done.
  • Spread about 1 teaspoon of Nutella on each crepe, fill with fruit slices, then roll like a burrito. Cut each crepe in half and arrange in a heart shape on your plate (but only if you're feeling super cheesy...otherwise just eat in the normal shape). Sprinkle with sugar, and serve to your loved ones. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment