Thursday, February 23, 2012

Skinny Kale Chips


When I first heard about kale chips, I was pretty skeptical. I mean, a leafy green as a substitute for potato chips? Come on. But I kept hearing about how great they were, and who doesn't want a healthy potato chip alternative? So I finally broke down and made them, and I have to say, they are fantastic! They get seriously crunchy, and when well salted, they really are a satisfying chip replacement. Plus, you can easily flavor them any way you like. They would be a great way to get they picky eaters in your house from your kids to your husbands/boyfriends (who are really just big kids) to eat their vegetables. So far, I've made them salted, and dusted with chipotle chili powder. Both ways tasted great. I used curly kale, but you can also use dinosaur kale which will come out flatter and more chip-shaped. If anyone tries with dinosaur kale, let me know how they come out!

Skinny Kale Chips
Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
WW PointsPlus Value: 0

1 bunch fresh kale
Olive oil flavored cooking spray
Salt

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Wash kale and dry very well. Cut or tear kale away from the stem and into bite-size pieces and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Spray with a light mist of cooking spray, salt well, and bake for 20 minutes or until crispy. Flavor any way your little heart desires and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment